Bryan K. Saxton - Partner
Bryan Saxton is a partner whose practice primarily involves commercial real estate acquisitions; dispositions; retail, office and industrial leasing; and business transactions. Bryan has experience representing clients ranging from large international organizations to real estate investment trusts to small businesses and individuals in real estate and other business and transactional matters.
Having worked in large and small law firms, Bryan provides his clients with an excellent level of service from a cost-efficient perspective.
Bryan is also active with local bar associations, including the Maryland State Bar Association, as a member of its Real Property, Planning & Zoning Section Council and previously of the Young Lawyers Section Council where he served as co-chair of the Maryland Wills for Heroes program and co-chair of the Publications Committee. Bryan is also engaged in the Baltimore community with the United Way of Central Maryland, including as a member of the Baltimore County Partnership Board and the Leaders United Executive Council, and was previously a member of the Emerging Leaders United Executive Council where he served as Chair of the Professional Development Committee, an Emerging Leaders United Ambassador, and the Emerging Leaders United Baltimore County Ambassador Circle where he served as Chair. Bryan is also a previous member of The Family Tree’s Next Generation Network Committee.
- Drafted a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor, construction management, property management, service, brokerage, and tower license agreements.
- Led complex real estate transactions from onset to closing, including contract negotiations and coordination of extensive due diligence and title review.
- Represented industrial REIT in $3 billion sale of property and joint venture transaction.
- Ran $450 million transaction involving more than 30 buildings in multiple states. Led due diligence, title, survey, and zoning review; drafted closing documents, liaised with title company, seller, and local counsel on tax abatements.
- Drafted and reviewed documents related to tax abatements, PILOT programs, and municipal utility districts.
- Negotiated and drafted industrial, office, and retail leases and amendments on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Served as primary legal point of contact for leasing matters in several client buildings across the United States, including large office buildings in several major cities.
- Represented national retailer on disposition of assets and locations across the country.
- Assisted large traded company with complex and comprehensive sale of operations in three states.
- Advise owners and business leaders on matters from start up to dissolution.
- Serve as outside general counsel to several companies on ongoing business matters affecting their operations.
- Help clients navigate exit issues from their business including succession planning and dealing with unforeseen exit complicaitons.
- University of Maryland School Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D.)
- Miami University, Ohio (M.S.)
- Georgia Southern University, (B.B.A., sum laude)
- Maryland, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2010
The Latest from the Knowledge Center...
Now Accepting Applications: Rosenberg Martin Greenberg Opens 2022 Application Process for Second Cohort in its Building Black-Owned Business in Baltimore Program
On July 1st, Rosenberg Martin Greenberg (RMG) began accepting submissions for its second cohort in the Building Black-Owned Business in Baltimore Program (the “BBOBB Program”). Black business owners in the Baltimore Metro Area are encouraged to apply in order to receive complimentary legal services for one year. From the applicant pool, five businesses will be…
Twenty Rosenberg Martin Greenberg Lawyers Honored by Maryland Super Lawyers® in 2022
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is proud to announce that twenty of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 edition of Maryland Super Lawyers®. The firm’s attorneys who have been selected include Benjamin Rosenberg, Gerard Martin, Barry Greenberg, Gerard Gaeng, Andrew Baida, Louis Ebert, William Hallam, David Wyand, Caroline Hecker, Charles Curlett, Jr., Steven…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP Ranked in 22 Practice Areas in 2022 “Best Law Firms” List
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been ranked in the 2022U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list nationally in 4 practice areas and regionally in 18 practice areas. Firms included in the 2022 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from…
Caroline L. Hecker Named First Woman and Non-Founder to Serve As Managing Partner of Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP is pleased to announce that Caroline L. Hecker has been elected as the firm’s next Managing Partner. Caroline will assume the role effective January 3, 2022, becoming the third Managing Partner in the firm’s 34-year history and the first woman and non-founding member to hold the position. “Caroline is an extremely…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg Welcomes Four New Attorneys
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is pleased to announce the addition of Bryan K. Saxton, Brooke A. Hutchins, Drew E. Tildon, and Thérian (Jung Yong) Lee. Barry Greenberg, RMG’s Managing Partner and head of the Firm’s real estate practice group, said: “Our new attorneys add additional depth to multiple practice groups within the firm and are eager to work…
Seventeen Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Baltimore Best Lawyers in America in 2022
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP is proud to announce that 17 of its attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® in America 2022 List, to be featured in U.S. News & World Report. Best Lawyers® is a respected peer-review publication in the legal profession which has been published for over…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP Welcomes Seven New Attorneys During Pandemic of 2020-21
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is pleased to announce the addition of our “COVID class” of seven new attorneys to the firm during the past 12 months. We would like to welcome Christina “Chrissy” Bolmarcich, Brett F. Baldino, Jeffrey S. Greenberg, Gabrielle D. Shirley, Jessica L. Duvall, Robert M. Berman and M. Ari Storch. Barry Greenberg, RMG’s Managing Partner and head of the Firm’s real…
Nineteen Rosenberg Martin Greenberg Lawyers Honored by Maryland Super Lawyers® in 2021
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is proud to announce that nineteen of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2021 edition of Maryland Super Lawyers®. The firm’s attorneys who have been selected include Benjamin Rosenberg, Gerard Martin, Barry Greenberg, Gerard Gaeng, Andrew Baida, Louis Ebert, William Hallam, David Wyand, Caroline Hecker, Charles Curlett, Jr., and…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP Ranked in 25 Practice Areas in 2021 “Best Law Firms” List
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been ranked in the 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list nationally in 6 practice areas and regionally in 19 practice areas. Firms included in the 2021 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings…
Consumer Lending Laws May Be A Trap For Even The Wary
It is no surprise to anyone involved in consumer lending that laws designed to protect consumers from inception of the loan relationship through collection of the loan following default vary greatly from state to state and even by loan type within a state. Not staying on top of these variations can get even an experienced…