Robert M. Berman - Associate
Robert Berman is an associate in RMG’s Business Planning & Transactions, Real Estate and Commercial Lending Groups. Robert primarily handles complex corporate and commercial real estate transactions and advises clients through various deal structures, including mergers, acquisitions, developments, leasing, and financing. His clients include corporations, lending institutions, private equity funds, developers, investors and operators. He is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association.
Robert began his legal career working at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Washington D.C. office, practicing general corporate law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Robert has experience representing private equity firms and companies in a range of industries, including aerospace and defense, technology and manufacturing.
Mr. Berman received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Maryland, Francis King Carey School of Law, his Masters of Business Administration from the University of Maryland, Smith School of Business and his Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature from the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Represent national and regional owners and developers in all aspects of acquisition and development of improved and unimproved real estate, construction, financing and refinancing, and leasing, including negotiating leasing transactions with “big box” tenants.
- Represented largest Maryland-based self-service storage company Maryland-based in the sale of its 4.2 million square foot self-storage portfolio that was purchased by California-based firm for a reported price of $1.8 billion.
- Represented national industry-leading entertainment venue company in the successful negotiation and sale of multi-million dollar real estate assets.
- Represented national hotel operator in acquisitions of multi-million dollar hotels and real estate.
BUSINESS PLANNING & TRANSACTIONS
- Represent small business owners with respect to general corporate and real estate needs, including corporate governance, leasing, and financing matters.
- Advises on entity formation choices for new investments and business ventures, and assist with the creation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Advise companies and boards of directors on corporate governance and policy matters.
- Represent businesses in the negotiation and drafting of contracts with third-parties for manufacturing of goods, purchases and sales of goods and services, licensing of intellectual property, publishing, consulting, etc.
- Represent businesses in the negotiation and drafting of agreements between stockholders, members, owners and others of buy-sell, right of first refusal and covenant not-to-compete agreements.
- Represented national licensee and distributor of impaired vision technologies in its negotiation of licensing and distribution agreements with cross-border manufacturers.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Represent private equity firms and small to mid-sized business in mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases and divestitures, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
- Represented industry-leading pharmaceutical services company, including successful negotiation and acquisition of multi-million dollar competing business.
- Represented Maryland-based cannabis dispensary business in multi-million dollar negotiation and sale of equity to industry leading acquiror.
- Represented photography and related services business in the successful negotiation and sale of multi-million dollar assets.
- Represent national and state-chartered banks in loan facilities, including originations, restructurings and workouts, secured by commercial and residential real estate as well as operating assets.
- Represented national bank in multi-million dollar successful negotiation, documentation and origination of construction loan facility borrowed by industry-leading developer.
- Represented lending institution in multi-million dollar successful negotiation, documentation and original of hotel acquisition loan facility.
- University of Maryland, Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D. (2019)
- University of Maryland, Smith School of Business, M.B.A. (2019)
- University of Maryland, B.A. (2015)
The Latest from the Knowledge Center...
Now Accepting Applications: Rosenberg Martin Greenberg Opens 2022 Application Process for Second Cohort in its Building Black-Owned Business in Baltimore Program
On July 1st, Rosenberg Martin Greenberg (RMG) began accepting submissions for its second cohort in the Building Black-Owned Business in Baltimore Program (the “BBOBB Program”). Black business owners in the Baltimore Metro Area are encouraged to apply in order to receive complimentary legal services for one year. From the applicant pool, five businesses will be…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is proud to announce that twenty of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 edition of Maryland Super Lawyers®. The firm’s attorneys who have been selected include Benjamin Rosenberg, Gerard Martin, Barry Greenberg, Gerard Gaeng, Andrew Baida, Louis Ebert, William Hallam, David Wyand, Caroline Hecker, Charles Curlett, Jr., Steven…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been ranked in the 2022U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list nationally in 4 practice areas and regionally in 18 practice areas. Firms included in the 2022 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from…
Caroline L. Hecker Named First Woman and Non-Founder to Serve As Managing Partner of Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP is pleased to announce that Caroline L. Hecker has been elected as the firm’s next Managing Partner. Caroline will assume the role effective January 3, 2022, becoming the third Managing Partner in the firm’s 34-year history and the first woman and non-founding member to hold the position. “Caroline is an extremely…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is pleased to announce the addition of Bryan K. Saxton, Brooke A. Hutchins, Drew E. Tildon, and Thérian (Jung Yong) Lee. Barry Greenberg, RMG’s Managing Partner and head of the Firm’s real estate practice group, said: “Our new attorneys add additional depth to multiple practice groups within the firm and are eager to work…
Seventeen Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Baltimore Best Lawyers in America in 2022
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP is proud to announce that 17 of its attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® in America 2022 List, to be featured in U.S. News & World Report. Best Lawyers® is a respected peer-review publication in the legal profession which has been published for over…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is pleased to announce the addition of our “COVID class” of seven new attorneys to the firm during the past 12 months. We would like to welcome Christina “Chrissy” Bolmarcich, Brett F. Baldino, Jeffrey S. Greenberg, Gabrielle D. Shirley, Jessica L. Duvall, Robert M. Berman and M. Ari Storch. Barry Greenberg, RMG’s Managing Partner and head of the Firm’s real…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is proud to announce that nineteen of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2021 edition of Maryland Super Lawyers®. The firm’s attorneys who have been selected include Benjamin Rosenberg, Gerard Martin, Barry Greenberg, Gerard Gaeng, Andrew Baida, Louis Ebert, William Hallam, David Wyand, Caroline Hecker, Charles Curlett, Jr., and…
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has been ranked in the 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list nationally in 6 practice areas and regionally in 19 practice areas. Firms included in the 2021 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings…
It is no surprise to anyone involved in consumer lending that laws designed to protect consumers from inception of the loan relationship through collection of the loan following default vary greatly from state to state and even by loan type within a state. Not staying on top of these variations can get even an experienced…